Seriously, this is the first time out of countless attempts I made a batch of Speghetti and Meatballs that EVERYONE LOVED! YEAH!! I did it, I did it! Whoop!
Okay onto the recipe…
First of all, this recipe makes a double batch. Use half now, freeze half for later. Or freeze them all now for later. Just have these on hand!
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 pound ground pork
- 6 to 8 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan or Romano cheese, whichever you like better. I like Parm, personally.
- 3 or 4 tablespoons chopped Italian flat leaf parsley
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper or to taste
- 2 cups Italian bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 + cups lukewarm water
- 1 + cup olive oil
- Combine beef, turkey, and pork in a large bowl. Add garlic, eggs, cheese, parsley, salt and pepper.
- Blend bread crumbs into meat mixture. Slowly add the water 1/2 cup at a time. The mixture should be very moist but still hold its shape if rolled into meatballs. (you may not need all the water!). Shape into meatballs.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet. Fry meatballs in batches. When the meatball is very brown and slightly crisp remove from the heat and drain on a paper towel. (If your mixture is too wet, cover the meatballs while they are cooking so that they hold their shape better.)